jPrysmian’s MassLink™ range presents the next stage in ribbon fibre optic cable development. By using an advanced FlexRibbon™ technology, Prysmian provides an ultra-compact, lightweight outside plant cables that contains up to 6912 bend insensitive fibres, with an overall diameter small enough to fit into a 50 mm duct.
FlexRibbon™ in MassLink™ combine the benefits of ribbon mass fusion splicing with smaller diameters offered by stranded fibre cables. This brings together the best of both worlds.
Features and Benefits
- Compact Design
- High fibre-density enables more fibre per duct.
- CAPEX Saving
- Smaller cables reduce civil cost.
- Lighter cable reduces transport cost and enhances hauling speed.
- Mass fusion splicing reduces splice time.
- Completely dry, gel free cable cuts down cable preparation time.
- Flexible Ribbon Matrix
- Compatible with conventional ribbon splicing equipment.
- Backward compatible with standard rigid ribbon, individual fibre and other flexible ribbon splicing.
- Extremely flexible ribbons can be laid flat for ribbon splicing which saves time and splicing cost.
- Better Handling
- No preferential bend of the ribbons enables the splice tray to be reduced by up to 40%
- The ease of handling can reduce the installation time on the splice tray by 80%
- Interconnection of Datacentres and Exchanges
- High capacity Metro Trunk Links
- Within Datacentres